You may have noticed our smiling faces in the Kansas City Business Journal the 2nd…
Life over here at K2Media is a little crazy and a little exciting these days! Although Kiran and I are not new to the social media game, the company K2Media is still pretty new. We’re already very busy, doing work for clients and doing research and planning for potential new clients.
At the same time, we’re also working on the website. (Hi! Welcome to the website – let us know if you see anything screwy!)
The past few weeks have been marathon weeks for us. We’re aiming to officially “launch” on October 1st. Much to do before then.
Here’s what the last few weeks has looked like for us:
- Great meeting with another local business to discuss strategic partnership. Terrific brainstorming. Very excited about the potential to work together.
- Another meeting with an amazing friend and business owner about the potential for integrated services. Fantastic feedback, creative ideas, lots of support. We have great, great friends and colleagues!
- Met with client and traditional marketing consultant to hash out the foundation of an integrated marketing plan and website rebuild. Could be some interesting work in the business-to-business (B2B) world…
- Finalized some design issues with our sister business’s website. Looking good!
- Firmed up our new relationship with a local non-profit. Haven’t started implementing their social media plan yet – but we are SOOOO excited to get this up and running. We really think it will be awesome! Stay tuned for more about this one.
- Went to see Brian Solis speak at the AMC Mainstreet Theatre in KCMO about the “state of social media”. It was very interesting and thought-provoking. Coming from a non-PR background (the event was sponsored by the PRSA), the discussion of the tension between PR and social media was eye-opening. Good stuff.
The next few weeks will be a whirlwind – but we are energized by the response K2Media has received so far from clients, potential clients, colleagues and strategic partners! If you operate a small- to medium-sized business in the Kansas City area (or know someone who does) and you’re wondering how to use social media tools to your best business advantage, please contact us. We’d love to talk with you!